As one of the nation's leading staffing agencies for digital marketing and creative talent, Onward Search is focused on one thing and one thing only - We connect the most talented digital marketing and creative professionals in the country with the nation's best interactive agencies and most innovative companies. We are an international organization, with 10 offices spanning from California to Texas to New York City to London, offering a full range of recruiting, staffing, and talent management solutions to include contract staffing, strategic consulting, direct hire, and executive level search to ensure our customers have access to the right talent to get the job done. The Onward Search team is a group of knowledgeable and intensely connected top performers, who hold personal and professional success second to none. We take pride in promoting a casual, laid back environment that values a fun and positive work-life balance, just as much as putting up impressive numbers. We look for people who are coachable and eager to grow within our company, who are sharp, dynamic, creative and motivated to apply their entrepreneurial spirit.
About The Role
The Staff Accountant will report to the Controller and is responsible for assisting with the monthly general ledger close, balance sheet and income statement analysis, commissions calculations and other miscellaneous day to day activities.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements and report on variances.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Assist in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and work to resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly accruals including performing the search for unrecorded liabilities.
- Prepare and maintain prepaid expense schedules including prepaid rent and insurance.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Assist in the documentation of processes and evaluation and establishment of internal controls.
- Complete daily / weekly reporting on business activity and trends.
- Maintain tracking of all invoices and monthly spending.
- Oversee work done by other staff members to ensure accuracy and proper treatment
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP.
- 1 to 3 years accounting/finance experience.
- Excellent mathematical and computational skills.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Be able to think critically and offer opinions on process improvements.
- Ability to work independently and meet assigned deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel; knowledge of Great Plains accounting systems is a plus.
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test and background check prior to beginning employment. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.